Monday, February 2, 2009

Connecting With God

Our Daily Devotional:

Don´t Forget to Wash

2 Corinthians 3:18 NIV: And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord´s glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

There are bath people, and there are shower people; I happen to be both. My favorite things about taking baths are that they are relaxing, and I enjoy the quiet time to sit, soak, and think. But my baths lose something when as a result of my reflection, I find myself toweling off before I have washed [absentmindedness is a funny thing]. Taking a bath and not washing seems kind of pointless--you just get wet, and once you dry off, you´re no different than before. That´s pretty much the way it is when you have a quiet time, but don´t really connect with God. You´re there�sort of. You may hear God´s voice, but you don´t hear what He says. You read your Bible but later remember nothing of what you read. You leave your time with God, the memory of it evaporates, and you are no different than before. We can´t be equipped, nourished, or changed by our time with God if we forget why we´re there. If it is hard to focus, we need only ask God to help us. He is more than able to give us what we need to draw our attentions back to the reason for our quiet times. (This was not written by Megan, it was taken from the box n the left - daily devotional. The man who wrote this is Randy, I only copied it in a post so that you could read this before reading what I was going to say.)


Megan' s Post:

I couldn't agree more with this. I think that there as so many times that this is me!! Not because I mean for it to be, but because it just is. Especially with reading my bible. WOW, it's so hard sometimes for me to grasp what God is really saying through his words. There are so many times that I feel dumb, why and I not getting this?? I feel like, oh what have I done, why is God not talking to me.... I start to have the worry factor set in. But you know what, that's not me, and that's not God, it's Satan!

I know that God speaks to me and I know that I understand his word and what I am suppose to do... but sometimes, like anything else, it will be harder than others. And I have also grown to learn that every sentence in the bible won't speak to me at that time, just because I am reading it! God will work on his time, God speaks on his time, and I need to have patience and understanding with that.

I do need to pray for God to keep me focused!! That is a HUGE prayer for me. So many times I will be reading or praying, maybe both... I will say or read something and start thinking about something totally different and get SO off track!! Then I have to fight to get back to where I was.

God wants us to seek his help, he wants us to call his name, he wants us to ask to bring us closer. Something we learned yesterday in church - if we want peace in our life, than we need to connect with God! We need to have an intimate relationship with - I need to lay it all out and say: "Here Am I".

No comments:

Post a Comment