Thursday, February 19, 2009

Another Devotional that hits the nail on the head!

I was reading through today devotional and it's so fitting. A friend of mine had called me yesterday and wanted to talk to me about somethings that were going on in her life and she was seeking counsel and prayer. I was beyond moved that she would even think of me - but I really felt God leading me in all that I was saying. I practiced really listening to what she was saying, and in the end it all came down to one thing for me, obedience to God.


I was a little concerned after leaving there, "God did I do what I was suppose to?" "Did I do too much talking?" "Did I express what you were telling me?" I was so honored to have been called upon, but was I going to do all the right things? After reading through today's devotional, I know that I did the right thing. I have such a peace over me and I feel God speaking directly to me through these devotionals. Something just kept pushing me to come and reads today's word, and look what I found! Thank you God for using me as an instrument in your kingdom, Lord help me to always turn toward you for guidance, give me strength God to get through whatever the day hands me and always help me keep my faith and trust in you stronger than ever! I pray for complete obedience Lord - I want to follow your path for me, not MY path for me. I pray this in Jesus, mighty, powerful name, Amen.

Take a look at what it said.


Our Daily Devotional:

Unchained Obedience

Romans 6:16 NIV: Don´t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey�whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?

Many well-intentioned Christians have accomplished much while being more obedient to their own leadership than to God´s. Many, as well, have failed to be obedient to God for reasons of feeling ill-equipped, or second-guessing their understanding of the will of God, or refusing to do God´s will for the wrong reasons. The commonality in all of these things is that human reasoning is being heard above the voice of God. If I feel God directing me to do something but I fear I will seek glory for myself, the command of God has not changed. If I talk myself in circles, expecting to reason out God´s direction, His will does not wait for my nod of agreement. Our obedience is not to be chained to our ability to understand, but to our faith to follow. In all I can muster, I will never be ready to do God´s will�yet God´s will can be accomplished through me, when I faithfully obey and trust Him with every part of the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment