Friday, January 30, 2009

Answer to prayer?

Sorry, it's been a while. So, if you were to check out my other blog: meganfrumpweightlossjourney.blogspop.com, you would see that I am on this journey with God to lose the extra weight and he is helping me every step of the way.... But let me tell you what's been going on.

I can to the conclusion that I was absolutely FED UP WITH MY WEIGHT! I am SO over weight and I have to do something about it, and don't misunderstand me, I have been fighting with my weight my whole life! And I have always tried to lose the extra pounds. Unfortunately, I have climbed up to where honestly, I need to lose a minimum of 80 pounds.... In the last 6 years, I have GAINED 70 pounds.. .can you believe what I am saying- 70 pounds in only 6 years, horrible!!!

So, I was going to try and join the Biggest Loser, I figured, I believe that I have what it takes to be a contestant on the show and do Really Good At It!! Then I thought more about it.... I KNOW what I am suppose to be doing, I have had trainers, and I know what to do about eating.... I just have to DO IT!!! These people on the show, don't know these things, and they need the show more than I probably do. I am not trying to sound conceited, just honest. I know what I need to do, I just need to do it!!! I decided that I was going to figure out my own plan and seek GOD to help me along this LONG journey.

So far, so good! In 4 weeks, I have lost 6.5 pounds and 5 inches so far. I am a little frustrated, because I feel like I should be losing more, but while I have been praying for God to help me with my weight loss, I have also been praying for patience, I have never had much of those. And I really believe that God is answering my prayers! I need to be patient, I have always heard that the slower you lose the weight, the easier it is to keep it off... so in this God is teaching me so much!!! He is helping me with losing weight through diet and lots of exercise, and then with the patience, because we are taking the weight off nice and slow.

But I am not losing faith- I am going to continue to put my trust in him, I know that he only has the best for me!! Thank you God for answering my prayers! Thank you for continuing to give me your strength to get through each day. Thank you for giving me the courage to stick with it no matter what.. even if I screw it up - I go right back at it - thank you!!!

I am so grateful that God is working with me, it's pretty cool to part of "Team God" : ) I love and trust you with all that I have. Thank you for never letting me go!!

Have a great day - and a wonderful weekend : )

No comments:

Post a Comment