Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Something has been bthering me...

Someone I know, who does not walk with God had posted something that I read yesterday. The post was so prideful and boastful about what she has and how great her life is. That she knows what she has and what she wants out of life... This all sounds good, but there was just something about the tone of her writing this. I mean, I was reading this thinking, how can everything be so great in your life when God is no where near?

My heart was disrupted after this for the rest of the day and even into today... I never want to have things going so well in my life that I stop needing or wanting God's direction and guidance in my life. I think that this was an eyeopener for me!!!

This person I speak about has life all figured out, you can't make suggestions, or comments, she knows it all. So to talk to her about needing God in her life is very hard, and I don't know how I would even start. She is very critical of a family member in her immediate family that has a relationship with God - I mean, she will always have something "smart" to say...

She is also someone who always has to keep up with the Jones, here see what I have.... Like I said, everything is just always so great for them. I hope this doesn't come off as I am jealous, I just see this as a very sad situation and I really need to pray for God's guidance on this.. Am I suppose to approach her, am I just suppose to pray for her... I don't know?? All I know is like I said earlier, how can everything be so great in your life when God is no where near?

God, please know my heart on this. I am NOT jealous of what she has, or what she says... I am actually saddened.. help me, help guide me, what am I suppose to do? I want to follow your lead in my life Lord.

It's funny, there are so many people that I think about that need the Lord who don't have him... and she has always been so low on my list, no reason, there just didn't seem to be a sense of urgency, with her. Well now, my eyes are open - I need to add her to the top pf my list! There is a need for urgency with her!! Imagine, if she thinks life rocks now, what it will be like when God is present!! Please be praying for me... I have no clue what God's will is on this. So I WILL be PRAYING!!

Thanks for listening to me - I hope that this post is taken in the right context.

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    I don't think that you seem jealous at all.

    You feel this way because you are a believer. Your faith is strong and commendable. Now I don't know if she is a believer who isn't devout or an athiest. You see personally I am a total non believer and because I don't believe then there is nothing for me to miss. I have had people tell me what i'm missing and try and talk me round all my life but it has never worked. I would suggest that you allow this person to follow their own path. Pray for her if you like but please don't try and convince her.

    That being said I totally respect your faith and wish you all the luck in your world with your weight loss

    Love
    April

    ReplyDelete