Wednesday, January 14, 2009

God is a Faithful GOD!

I could start crying right now, and actually, I already did a little! As you may or may not know. My husband, the 2nd love of my life, next to God, and I have been trying to have a baby now for the last 2 years! I can't believe it's already been that long~

We tried for almost a year on our own, and nothing. So we started seeing doctors and going through tests after tests - (oh it was rough!) and guess what? Yep, we were infertile. I mean there was stuff we could try to help us get pregnant, but getting pregnant on our own be nothing short of a miracle - Glad I believe in miracles : )

So in 2008, we went through a year of disappointments, drugs and inseminations and NOTHING. All of which cost us big bucks because our insurance, ya, they covered NOTHING. So let me tell you, while there was a lot of wonderful things that came out of 2008 - there was a TON of heartache! It really put a strain on Chris and I and thanks to GOD we have such a strong relationship/bond, it did NOT brake us, sorry Satan : )

The end of 2008 brought about other changes, we all know how bad the economy has been and companies doing all they can to save money! Well, besides us getting our pay cut at my job - we were switching payroll companies and health insurance. Come to find out our insurance was going up HUGE! So, I called Chris and said can you check again with your (new) company to see what their coverage is for Health care and he did. If your standing, please sit down for this - we found out that Chris's NEW company covers like 85% of their health care and it was only going to cost us about $150 to have better coverage, ya, I was paying OVER $400 a month!!!!! Yep, that's right!!! About a $250 savings. Thank you Jesus!!

Ok, I am getting to my point, bare with me : )

So, we started to look more closely at what this health care provider covers, and we saw a section infertility. I was thinking to myself, "is this some kine of sick joke, to tease people that they have coverage and then call to find out it's a front?" I was under the impression that NO ONE covers infertility.

GUESS what they actually do, can you believe it - 100% AND they cover th cost of in-vitro and inseminations too!!! OH my gosh, I about fell out of my seat with tears in my eyes, I had to have her keep repeating it to make sure I heard her right : )

See, we had decided early on that we would look at all our options - not just take and do everything we could to have our own biological child. We were exploring adoption and even fostering... in-fact, TODAY is our orientation for the infant foster program. I had decided that I was going to follow GOD'S plan for us and I wanted to be faithful to what he was showing us in order to start our family. I feel like GOD is saying thank you for staying faithful. I know adoption is something you can do right this minute, and you're just starting to look into fostering, but stay with me, stay faithful and I will show you the way - and he is!! He is showing us a way!!

We will have options coming out the ying-yang : ) Lord, can you bless us with a larger house so we can have a lot of babies : ) (he knows my heart on this, and I am smiling right now... in GOD'S time, not ours - his will, will be done!).

I had to share this - I don't think anyone can read this blog, but GOD - you can and I love being able to share not only my thoughts, but my words. You are a mighty GOD and you are so FAITHFUL! Thank you God for loving me an showing me your path for us.

4 comments: